Cornish Metals Inc. (TSX.V / AIM: CUSN)
Reported assay results from three diamond drill holes at the ongoing drill programme at the United Downs copper – tin project, Cornwall, UK.
Drill hole UD21-011A intersected five parallel zones of high-grade copper / tin / silver mineralisation beneath the historic United Mines.
|Cornish Metals||TSX.V : CUSN|
|Market cap||C$114 m @ 41c|
|Location||Cornwall, United Kingdom|
Cornish Metals Drill Hole UD21_011A Intersects Multiple Zones of High-Grade Copper Including 2.53m at 4.61% Copper and 2.73m at 4.45% Copper
Cornish Metals Inc. (TSX-V / AIM: CUSN) (“Cornish Metals” or the “Company”) is pleased to report assay results from three diamond drill holes at the ongoing drill programme at the United Downs copper – tin project, Cornwall, UK.
- Drill hole UD21-011A intersected five parallel zones of high-grade copper/tin/silver mineralisation beneath the historic United Mines (see Long Section and Cross Section here), as tabulated below;
- United Mines operated between approximately 1700 and 1870 as a high-grade underground copper mine with historical grades reported to be in excess of 7.5% copper;
- This is the third drill hole to intersect the down dip extension of United Mines. GWDD-001 and GWDD-002 (drilled in 2020) intersected 6.91m grading 0.80% copper, and 4.04m grading 4.44% copper and 2.06% tin (see Long Section below);
- High grade mineralisation has now been confirmed over a 500m strike length and is open along strike and to depth;
- The next drill hole is planned to test this mineralisation a further 400m along strike to the east;
- High-grade copper (+ tin-silver) mineralisation in this region is hosted in metasediments (locally known as “killas”), which overlie granite;
- The killas are projected to extend at least 400m below the intercepts in UD21-011A; and
- The granite underlying United Downs is considered to be highly prospective for tin mineralisation, as it is at the Company’s South Crofty tin project, located 8km to the west.
Cornish Metals management comments
“Management believes that these latest intersections clearly demonstrate the potential for United Downs to host a copper/tin/silver Mineral Resource to complement the identified tin Mineral Resource at South Crofty.
“Confirmation that high grade mineralisation continues beneath the historic United Mines validates the exploration potential we believe exists throughout Cornwall and within our mineral rights holdings.”
“It is very interesting to see the tin grades starting to appear in the deeper intersections, which adds weight to our theory that the whole United Downs area is prospective for tin beneath the old copper mines, the same zonation that is clearly evident at South Crofty, just a few kilometres to the west.”
Richard Williams, CEO, Cornish Metals
For brevity, this summary has been redacted, to read the full news release, please click HERE
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email email@example.com
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.