GoldMining Inc. (TSX: GOLD)
Announced the results of an updated Mineral Resource Estimate on its 100% owned Whistler Project in south central Alaska, U.S.A. consisting of resource estimates for the Whistler, Island Mountain and Raintree West gold-copper deposits with an effective date of June 11, 2021.
|GoldMining Inc.||TSX : GOLD|
|Market cap||C$269 m @ C$1.80|
|Location||Various Latin American countries|
GoldMining Announces an Updated Mineral Resource Estimate for the Whistler Project, Alaska
Vancouver, British Columbia – June 21, 2021 – GoldMining Inc. (the “Company” or “ GoldMining“) (TSX: GOLD; NYSE American: GLDG) is pleased to announce the results of an updated Mineral Resource Estimate (“MRE“) on its 100% owned Whistler Project (“ Whistler“) in south central Alaska, U.S.A. consisting of resource estimates for the Whistler, Island Mountain and Raintree West gold-copper deposits with an effective date of June 11, 2021.
Whistler Updated Resource Highlights:
- Indicated Mineral Resources of 1.94 million ounces gold, 8.33 million ounces of silver and 422.0 million pounds of copper (118.2 million tonnes grading 0.51 g/t gold, 2.19 g/t silver and 0.16% copper) (see Table 1);
- Inferred Mineral Resources of 4.67 million ounces gold, 16.06 million ounces silver and 711.4 million pounds of copper (317.0 million tonnes grading 0.46 g/t gold, 1.58 g/t silver and 0.10% copper) (see Table 1);
- Compared to the prior reported estimate completed in 2016, Indicated Mineral Resources for gold, copper and silver have increased by 9.9%, 23.0% and 35.9% respectively;
- Compared to the prior estimate reported in 2016, Inferred Mineral Resources for gold have increased 0.9%, and for copper and silver have decreased by 0.3% and 29.0% respectively;
- The MRE utilizes pit shells to constrain resources at the Whistler, Island Mountain and Raintree West gold-copper deposits, as well as an underground potentially mineable shape to constrain the resource estimate for the deeper portion of the Raintree West deposit;
- The total Whistler Project area comprises a database of 250 drill holes totaling more than 70,000 metres with 182 drillholes and 53,202m of assayed length within the three deposit block models.
- The estimate has been updated with new metal prices of US$1,600/oz gold price, US$3.25 copper and US$21/oz silver, updated recoveries, smelter terms, costs, and geologic modelling with drilling and exploration work completed prior to 2016. GoldMining is evaluating potential exploration activities to better define and expand existing mineral resources.
GoldMining Inc. Management Comments
“The updated resource at Whistler provides a clear and modernized view of the potential of this large-scale gold-copper project. With approximately 3.0 million ounces of Indicated gold equivalent resource and 6.5 million ounces of Inferred gold equivalent resource, Whistler is currently one of the largest known mineral resources in Alaska, a proven mining jurisdiction.
“The updated resource estimate also includes approximately 422 million pounds of copper in Indicated resources and approximately 711 million pounds of copper in Inferred resources, which enhances the attractiveness of the project, especially given current copper price and the long-term outlook for copper demand.
“The new MRE is constrained by an optimized pit shell that incorporates updated operating costs and metal price assumptions that factor price increases since 2016.
“This work builds upon the staged approach of advancing our portfolio of gold and gold-copper projects throughout the Americas such as the previously announced initiation of Preliminary Economic Assessments (“PEA”) on our Yellowknife, La Mina, and São Jorge Projects in Canada, Colombia, and Brazil respectively.”
Alastair Still, Chief Executive Officer of GoldMining Inc.
Click here to read the full news release on the GoldMining website.
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.