Newcore Gold (TSX.V: NCAU)
Announced positive results from three additional column tests completed as part of the ongoing metallurgical program at the Company’s 100%-owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
An average gold recovery of 92.4% was achieved from column testwork completed on two composite samples from the Sewum Gold Deposit and one composite sample from the Boin Gold Deposit.
|Newcore Gold||TSX.V: NCAU|
|Market cap||C$33 m @ C$0.24|
|Location||Ghana, West Africa|
Newcore Gold Announces 92.4% Gold Recoveries in Column Testwork for the Sewum and Boin Deposits at the Enchi Gold Project, Ghana
Vancouver, BC – Newcore Gold Ltd. (“Newcore” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: NCAU, OTCQX: NCAUF) is pleased to announce positive results from three additional column tests completed as part of the ongoing metallurgical program at the Company’s 100%-owned Enchi Gold Project (“Enchi” or the “Project”) in Ghana.
An average gold recovery of 92.4% was achieved from column testwork completed on two composite samples from the Sewum Gold Deposit (“Sewum”) and one composite sample from the Boin Gold Deposit (“Boin”).
Highlights from Column Test Results
- Three Column Tests Completed, Average Gold Recovery of 92.4% Achieved.
- A total of three column tests (two from Sewum and one from Boin) returned an average gold recovery of 92.4%, with a recovery range of 89.0% to 98.6%.
- Testwork Further Advances the Understanding of Processing Options for Enchi.
- Testing completed on representative samples from diamond drill core.
- Coarser samples used better represent modelled crush size for heap leach processing.
- Larger sized samples used in the columns with each sample weighing 30 kg.
- Low Reagent Consumption.
- Coarser grind size compared to prior testing contributed to lower consumption for cyanide as well as lower required amounts of lime and cement per kilogram.
- All samples showed modest cyanide consumption with an average of 0.63 kilograms per tonne (“kg/t”), with a 1.4 kg/t lime (hydrated) addition to maintain a pH above 10.5.
- Additional Metallurgical Testwork Planned.
- Optimization work to be completed on additional column tests.
- Further planned metallurgical work to consist of a bench-scale test to be completed in the field on the Project.
- Testing of sulphide mineralization to be completed in 2023.
Greg Smith, VP Exploration of Newcore stated:
“This additional set of column tests completed on diamond drill core material from the Enchi Gold Project returned consistent results with high recoveries for all three composite samples, highlighting the amenability of Enchi to heap leach gold recovery.
“These samples are representative of the oxide and transitional material from the two largest deposits, Sewum and Boin, which together currently comprise approximately 87% of the Enchi Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate.
“Of note these samples were much coarser than material used for previous testwork and were more in line with the parameters of the Preliminary Economic Assessment completed in 2021.
“The coarser material resulted in a series of positive benefits including continued excellent recoveries, lower required reagent levels for lime and cement and lower cyanide consumption and slumping.”
.If you need clarification of any information contained in this note, or have any questions, I will be delighted to assist – Please email email@example.com
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.
At the time of writing the author holds shares in Newcore Gold, bought in the market at the prevailing price on the days of purchase.