Newcore Gold (TSX.V: NCAU)
Announced additional drill results from the 90,000 metre drill program underway at the Company’s 100% owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
Drilling at the Nyam Gold Deposit at Enchi has intersected high-grade, oxide gold mineralization grading 2.04 grams per tonne gold over 35.0 metres from surface, including 4.89 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 8 m.
Newcore Gold Drilling Intersects Oxide Mineralization Grading 2.04 g/t Gold Over 35.0 Metres, including 4.89 g/t Gold Over 8.0 Metres, at the Enchi Gold Project, Ghana
Drilling on the Nyam Gold Deposit Continues to Encounter Multiple Wide Zones of Gold Mineralization, Including High-Grade Structures
Vancouver, BC – Newcore Gold Ltd. (“Newcore” or the “Company”)(TSX-V: NCAU, OTCQX: NCAUF) is pleased to announce additional drill results from the 90,000 metre drill program underway at the Company’s 100% owned Enchi Gold Project (“Enchi” or the “Project”) in Ghana.
Drilling at the Nyam Gold Deposit (“Nyam”) at Enchi has intersected high-grade, oxide gold mineralization grading 2.04 grams per tonne gold (“g/t Au”) over 35.0 metres (“m”) from surface, including 4.89 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 8 m. Drilling at Nyam continues to encounter higher-grade gold mineralization from surface, with wide zones encountered in both the oxide and sulphide mineralization.
These results also tested the southern extension at Nyam, increasing the drill tested strike extent at Nyam to three kilometres.
Highlights from Drilling at Nyam
- Drilling on the southern portion of Nyam encountered multiple wide zones of near surface gold mineralization, including high-grade cores.
- Hole NBRC075 intersected, from surface, an oxidized high-grade gold mineralized structure grading 2.04 g/t Au over 35.0 m, including 4.89 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 8 m.
- Hole NBRC073 intersected 0.78 g/t Au over 57.0 m from 74 m (sulphide zone).
- Hole NBRC076 intersected 0.85 g/t Au over 50.0 m from 1 m (oxide zone transitioning to sulphide zone), including 1.18 g/t Au over 13.0 m from 1 m and 2.10 g/t Au over 8.0 m from 31 m.
- Drilling on the central portion of Nyam tested oxide and sulphide mineralization and encountered multiple zones of shallow high-grade gold mineralization.
- Hole NBRC087 intersected a high-grade gold mineralized structure in the sulphide zone grading 2.14 g/t Au over 19.0 m from 84 m, including 4.14 g/t Au over 2.0 m from 92 m.
- Hole NBRC088 intersected 0.88 g/t Au over 28.0 m from 57 m, including 5.09 g/t Au over 2.0 m from 80 m (sulphide zone).
- Drilling targeting the oxide zone continued to return strong results, with hole NBRC085 intersecting 1.26 g/t Au over 18.0 m from surface and hole NBRC086 intersecting 1.24 g/t Au over 19.0 m from 17 m.
- Step out holes completed to test the southern extent of Nyam have extended the drill tested portion of the Nyam structure by 800 metres to the south.
- Hole NBRC066, drilled 800 metres south of the current resource pit, intersected 0.52 g/t Au over 15.0 m from 89 m (sulphide zone).
- Results from 59,559 metres of the total 90,000 metre drill program have been received and released.
- Drilling continues at Enchi with recent drilling testing Eradi and Sewum South, gold targets with no defined mineral resource.
Newcore Gold management comments
“Drilling at Nyam continues to deliver strong results, demonstrating the potential for resource growth across our Enchi Gold Project.
“We have increased the strike extent of drilled mineralization at Nyam with mineralization now intersected along more than three kilometres of strike length, remaining open along strike and at depth.
“We also continue to encounter shallow, higher-grade gold mineralization at Nyam with drilling intersecting wide zones of mineralization in both the oxides and sulphides.
“Given the success we have achieved to date with drilling at Nyam, we will continue to test the potential to grow the shallow oxide resource at this deposit while testing the potential for higher-grade mineralization at depth.”
Luke Alexander, President and CEO of Newcore Gold
This news release reports results for 34 Reverse Circulation (“RC”) holes totalling 5,245 m (NBRC056 to NBRC089) targeting the Nyam Gold Deposit, with 30 of the 34 holes intersecting gold mineralization.
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email email@example.com
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.
At the time of writing the author holds Newcore Gold shares bought in the market on the day of purchase.