Calidus Resources Limited (ASX:CAI)
Announced that commissioning is progressing well at its 100% owned Warrawoona Gold Project in the Pilbara of Western Australia.
The SAG Mill is now ready for ore commissioning, and milling will commence by the end of the month with first gold poured approximately 2 weeks later. […]
|Calidus Resources||ASX: CAI|
|Market Cap||A$388 m @ 96.5c|
|Location||Pilbara, Western Australia|
Calidus Resources’ Warrawoona Gold Project Commissioning Update, on track for first ore to be milled in April
Calidus Resources Limited (ASX:CAI) is pleased to announce that commissioning is progressing well at its 100% owned Warrawoona Gold Project in the Pilbara of Western Australia.
The SAG Mill is now ready for ore commissioning, and milling will commence by the end of the month with first gold poured approximately 2 weeks later.
Calidus Resources management comments
“Commissioning of the plant by EPC contractor GR Engineering Services Ltd (ASX:GNG) is now well advanced with the SAG Mill, the single largest and most complex piece of equipment ready to go.
“We are confident of meeting our April milling timetable which will lead to first gold two weeks thereafter.
“Mining contractor Macmahon Holdings Limited (ASX:MAH) has also ramped up activities with the main mining fleet now in operation and 24-hour mining on schedule for later this week ready to supply constant ore flow to the plant.”
Calidus Resources Managing Director Dave Reeves
Commissioning and operational preparations to date include:
• 9MW thermal power station commissioned and electrification of all switch
• Borefields for process water supply are operational and raw water and potable
water services are commissioned in the plant;
• 4.5 MW SAG Mill is ready for ore commissioning;
• Tails thickener is water commissioned;
• Air services are commissioned;
• Major structural steel erection and mechanical installation complete;
• Piping and electrical installation complete, final testing underway;
• Tailings storage facility complete and ready for discharge;
• Operational workforce recruited and mobilised to site to assist with
• All operational procedures, audits, inspections and maintenance management
system have all been implemented, Maintenance and Operational crews have
been on site for some time and training is well advanced;
• All eight 777 (100t) trucks mobilised to site and operational;
• Main excavators now operating, targeting 450,000 BCM movement in May;
• 140,000t of ore on the ROM pad, targeting 200,000t on operational startup;
• Additional 20,000 ozs hedged for delivery in 2022 at A$2,688/oz.
For brevity, this summary has been redacted, to read the full news release, please click HERE
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email email@example.com
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.
At the time of writing the author holds Calidus Resources shares bought in the market at the prevailing price on the days of purchase.