Newcore Gold (TSX.V: NCAU)
Announced additional drill results from the 90,000 metre drill program underway at the Company’s 100% owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
RC drilling on the southern end of the Sewum Gold Deposit at Enchi has intersected shallow high-grade oxide gold mineralization grading 1.98 grams per tonne gold over 25.0 metres from 3 m. […]
|Newcore Gold||TSX.V: NCAU|
|Market Cap||C$7 m @ 47 c|
Newcore Gold Drilling Intersects 1.98 g/t Gold over 25.0 Metres, 0.89 g/t Gold over 47.8 Metres, and 5.84 g/t Au over 6.0 Metres Including 26.82 g/t Au over 1.0 Metre at the Enchi Gold Project, Ghana
“Drill Results From the Southern Extension at Sewum and the Eradi Target at Enchi;
Drilling Continues to Intersect High-Grade Gold Mineralization in Both Shallow Oxide and Deeper Sulphide Mineralization Across the District Scale Property”
Vancouver, BC – Newcore Gold Ltd.(“Newcore” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: NCAU, OTCQX: NCAUF) is pleased to announce additional drill results from the 90,000 metre drill program underway at the Company’s 100% owned Enchi Gold Project (“Enchi” or the “Project”) in Ghana.
Reverse Circulation (“RC”) drilling on the southern end of the Sewum Gold Deposit (“Sewum”) at Enchi has intersected shallow high-grade oxide gold mineralization grading 1.98 grams per tonne gold (“g/t Au”) over 25.0 metres (“m”) from 3 m, as well as high-grade results in deeper sulphide mineralization including 2.14 g/t Au over 18.0 m from 123 m.
Newcore’s ongoing drill program also includes testing previously drilled targets on the property. Diamond (“DD”) drilling at the Eradi Gold Target (“Eradi”) at Enchi has intersected wide gold mineralization grading 0.89 g/t Au over 47.8 m from 41.2 m, including 6.44 g/t Au over 2.5 m from 41.2 m and 2.14 g/t Au over 5.8 m from 54.2 m.
Highlights from Drilling at Sewum and Eradi
- RC drilling at the southern end of the Sewum Gold Deposit (also referred to as Sewum Extension) intersected near surface oxidized gold mineralization:
- Hole SWRC164 encountered a gold mineralized structure near surface grading 1.98 g/t Au over 25.0 m from 3 m, and a second zone of 0.58 g/t Au over 22.0 m from 48 m.
- Hole SWRC152, drilled on a sub-parallel structure, intersected mineralization near surface of 5.84 g/t Au over 6.0 m from 2 m, including 26.82 g/t Au over 1.0 m from 2 m.
- Additional RC drilling at Sewum Extension extended the gold mineralization to depth, into the upper portion of the sulphide zone, with results including:
- Hole SWRC160 intersected 2.14 g/t Au over 18.0 m from 123 m, including 3.01 g/t Au over 4.0 m from 124 m and 2.87 g/t Au over 7.0 m from 129 m.
- Hole SWRC165 intersected 1.31 g/t Au over 18 m from 73 m, including 8.28 g/t Au over 2.0 m from 83 m.
- Hole SWRC144 intersected 1.72 g/t Au over 13 m from 81 m.
- Diamond drilling at Eradi intersected multiple gold mineralized zones, including a wide zone with high-grade core structures:
- Hole ERDD020 intersected 0.89 g/t Au over 47.8 m from 41.2 m, including 6.44 g/t Au over 2.5 m from 41.2 m and 2.14 g/t Au over 5.8 m from 54.2 m.
- Eradi is a previously drilled target at Enchi with no defined Mineral Resource Estimate. The zone has been tested at wide spacings over a strike length of 1.6 kilometres and remains open along strike and to depth.
Newcore Gold management comments
“These results include drilling completed on the southern end of the Sewum Gold Deposit which has extended the gold mineralization up and down dip, encountering high-grade gold in both near-surface oxides as well as in the deeper sulphides.
“We also completed first pass drilling on a parallel structure at Sewum, situated outside of the current pit constrained mineral resource, which encountered high-grade mineralization near-surface.
“In addition to testing the potential for resource growth at our existing deposit areas, the ongoing 90,000 metre drill program at Enchi is also focused on testing previously drilled areas on the property.
“Drilling at the Eradi target, which is situated on the northern end of the property, intersected widespread gold mineralization over more than 1.1 kilometres of strike length.
“We continue to encounter high-grade gold results across our Project in Ghana, highlighting the resource growth potential at Enchi which is situated on a prolific gold belt that hosts numerous multi-million-ounce gold mines.”
Luke Alexander, President and CEO of Newcore Gold
This news release reports results for 42 holes totalling 4,890.5 m, including 28 RC holes totalling 2,701 m (SWRC143 to SWRC170) targeting the Sewum Gold Deposit (Sewum Extension and a parallel related structure) and 14 DD holes totalling 2,189.5 m (ERDD011 to ERDD023) targeting the Eradi Gold Target. 39 of the 42 holes intersected gold mineralization.
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email email@example.com
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.
At the time of writing the author holds Newcore Gold shares, bought in the market at the prevailing price on the days of purchase.