Tinka Resources Limited (TSX.V: TK)
Announced an exploration update at its 100% owned zinc-silver and copper-gold projects in Central Peru.
In particular it increased the scale of the high grade gold and copper discovery at Silvia NW.
|Tinka Resources||TSX.v : TK|
|Metals||Zinc + Silver|
|Market cap||C$54 m @ 17c|
Vancouver, Canada – Tinka Resources Limited (TSX.V: TK) (OTCQB: TKRFF) (“Tinka” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce an exploration update at its 100% owned zinc-silver and copper-gold projects in Central Peru.
Silvia NW copper-gold project:
- Copper-gold mineralization at ‘Area A’ has been significantly expanded with the discovery of high-grade copper-gold veins (“Skarn Veins”) in limestone up to 100 metres across-strike from previously sampled mineralized skarn. The footprint of the skarn mineralization now covers an area of 550 metres by 400 metres including areas of shallow cover;
- Skarn Veins grade up to 1.1% copper and 7.9 g/t gold from 17 grab and rock chip samples over intervals of 0.1 to 0.3 metres – individual samples range between 0.02% and 1.1% copper, and between 0.05 g/t and 7.4 g/t gold;
- Previous sampling across the original skarn discovery outcrop at Area A included 46 metres at 1.9 g/t gold and 0.8% copper, including 6 metres at 2.7% copper and 12.8 g/t gold (see release dated November 10, 2021);
- A preliminary mineralogical study of a high-grade copper-gold sample from Area A shows that gold occurs as fine-grained native gold up to 20 microns in size inside chalcopyrite, while primary copper mineralization occurs almost entirely as chalcopyrite with trace amounts of late covellite;
- At Silvia NW, Areas A, B and C define a potential footprint of 3 x 1 kilometres. Sampling results from Area B (including trenches and soils) are currently being collated and interpreted by our technical team;
- Field work has commenced in preparation for an Environmental Impact Declaration (or “DIA”) to obtain the necessary permits for drilling at Silvia NW.
Ayawilca zinc-silver project:
- The Company continues to advance its flagship Ayawilca zinc-silver project, following the update of the project’s PEA in October 2021, which highlighted the potential for Ayawilca to become a global top-10 zinc producer (see PEA news release dated October 14, 2021). Tinka is planning a resource extension and definition drill program at South Ayawilca during the first half of 2022. Details of this program will be announced soon.
Tinka Resources management comments
“Tinka’s field work at Silvia NW continues to expand the scale of this exciting new copper-gold skarn prospect.
“The discovery of Skarn Veins in the limestone surrounding the original discovery outcrop is very important because it shows that the mineralized system is significantly wider than previously thought. Skarn deposits in Peru have formed some of the largest and highest-grade copper deposits in the world, prime examples being Antamina (a global top-10 copper mine) some 90 km to our north, and Las Bambas in southern Peru.
“A preliminary mineralogical study of the copper-gold mineralization at Silvia NW shows that copper occurs almost exclusively as chalcopyrite, while gold appears to occur mostly in the form of fine-grained native gold. Also, the mineralization at Zone A does not appear to contain significant levels of deleterious elements.
“Our team has continued its sampling and mapping program at Areas B and C, and we look forward to reporting progress once all results are received.
“At our flagship Ayawilca zinc-silver project, a geological reinterpretation of near vertical structures discovered at South Ayawilca in 2020 suggests that there is further potential to expand the high-grade silver-lead-zinc mineralization.
“We are planning to commence a resource extension and definition drill program during the first half of 2022, which will include drill holes aimed at expanding this style of mineralization. ”
Dr. Graham Carman, Tinka Resources President and CEO
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email email@example.com
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.