Cornish Metals Inc. (TSX.V / AIM: CUSN)
Announced that, subject to approvals, the Company plans to raise gross proceeds of up to £40,500,000 (C$66,800,700).
This comprises one share priced at 18p (C$0.30) per common share and a warrant to purchase one common share priced at 27p (C$0.45) for 36 months. […]
|Cornish Metals||TSX.V : CUSN|
|Market cap||C$132 m @ 46c|
|Location||Cornwall, United Kingdom|
- Offering to raise up to £40.5 million (approximately C$66.8 million) comprising
- £25 million (approximately C$41.2 million) strategic investment by Vision Blue Resources (“VBR”), a vehicle founded by Sir Mick Davis to invest in green energy-related metal and mineral resource companies
- £15.5 million (approximately C$25.6 million) from a private placing to existing and new UK institutional investors as well as a subscription by existing Canadian investors and eligible accredited private investors
- Net proceeds will advance the South Crofty tin project – a fully permitted, former producing high-grade underground tin mine, located in Cornwall, UK
- Work will include dewatering of the mine, resource drilling, completion of a feasibility study, evaluation of further downstream beneficiation opportunities, and on-site early works in advance of a potential construction decision
- Demand for tin is expected to increasingly outstrip supply in coming years driven by growing demand from the electronics sector, EVs, and renewable power, especially solar cells
- Since March 2021, LME cash tin prices have risen from approximately US$25,000 per tonne to in excess of US$40,000 per tonne
Cornish Metals management comments
“This announcement marks a transformational moment for the Company, its shareholders and all stakeholders in relation to the redevelopment of South Crofty, the Company’s principal asset.
“It is testament to the quality of both the project and the Company that an investor of the calibre of Vision Blue Resources is proposing such a significant investment, and we are delighted to welcome them as a major strategic shareholder.
“Tin is essential to anything electronic, including electric vehicle (EV) components, computing, 5G, robotics, renewable power generation, and the electrification of the economy, making South Crofty a strategic asset with the ability to provide a secure, traceable, sustainable supply of this important metal.
“We are excited to embark on this new chapter of Cornwall’s mining history which will see South Crofty make a significant contribution to the local and UK economy, with the potential to create up to 1,000 direct and indirect jobs, as well being at the forefront of the drive towards net zero.”
Richard Williams, CEO of Cornish Metals
“VBR was founded to accelerate the responsible supply of commodities necessary to facilitate the transition to clean, green energy.
“The investment in South Crofty has the potential to deliver significant tin production to meet an expected supply shortfall and enable the deployment of new, green technologies.
“At the same time, restarting production at an historic underground mine, within the existing footprint, and with the benefit of modern production techniques, provides an opportunity to minimise environmental and other impacts whilst creating significant benefits for local communities.”
Sir Mick Davis, CEO of VBR
About Vision Blue Resources
VBR aims to create lasting value for all stakeholders by accelerating the supply of the commodities necessary to facilitate the green energy transition.
The growth in demand for these metals is unprecedented, driven by regulation and social change, and is taking place against a backdrop of limited supply due to years of underinvestment in the sector.
VBR aims to unlock value in its investments by providing transformational investment capital and its financial, technical, ESG, construction and operating experience in the mining and metals sector, ensuring its investments are advanced into production and beyond.
City Investors Circle is based in the financial district in the City of London
We present interesting and exciting junior mining companies listed on the ASX and TSX stock exchanges to a group of city professionals, and private investors, all of whom are active investors with a mandate to invest in junior mining companies.
Our audience is selected and invited individually to ensure interest and relevance for the presenting company.
Meetings are non deal, small group, highly focused and engaged, with a lively Q and A to follow the main presentation.
We create awareness, and maintain interest in presenting companies by disseminating their future news to our entire investor group via email, social media, and our Monthly Review newsletter.
If you wish to present to our select group of active mining investors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is not sponsored, we are truly independent, and will always remain so.
Companies featured here have either presented to the Circle in London, or have been selected because they are considered to have interesting projects, in good jurisdictions, run by an experienced management team.
All information used in the preparation of this communication has been compiled from publicly available sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable, however, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this.
These articles are for awareness and informational purposes only, and are not recommendations in any form. Always consult an investment professional.